Maine Association of Assessing Officers
Executive Board Meeting
Friday, March 16, 2007
Maine Municipal Association
Attendance: William Healey, Anne Gregory, Martine Painchaud, Tammy Brown,
Daniel Robinson, Lisa Morin, Roger Hoy, Joan Kiszely.
Absent: Elizabeth Bowdoin, Lona LaFrancis, Darryl McKenney, Joe Grube, Steve Lemay, and Marian Cadrette-Anderson.
Call to Order: President William Healey called the meeting to order at 10:09 a.m.
Secretary's Report: Martine Painchaud made a motion to accept the minutes of January 26, 2007, seconded by Roger Hoy. All approved.
Treasurer's Report: Martine Painchaud handed out the financial report to date for the Executive Board's review. Dan Robinson made a motion to accept the Treasurer's Report, seconded by Anne Gregory. All approved. Brief discussion on the 29 non-members.
- Advertisers: Bill Healey reported that he sent out the Web Page Policy. He cannot imagine the Vendors have not yet responded.
- Website: Martine Painchaud reported that Todd Langhill has the MAAO Website up and running and looking very nice. Martine Painchaud noted that the new website went live yesterday. It was noted that they need a website disclaimer.
- Change May Meeting to the 18th: Joan Kiszely reviewed the contract from Sebasco with the board.
- Liability Insurance: Bill Healey reported that it is $325 a year and in is effective as of now.
- Audit/Finance: Dan Robinson no report
- Calendar: Lisa Morin reported she has quotes from JS McCarthy - $1,100,00. Albisons Printing gave a sample of a desk calendar. The quote was $1.380 for 250. Lisa Morin will talk to Jaime Clark about doing the graphic designing for their calendar. Lisa Morin will send a letter out in regards to the change.
- Newsletter: Anne Gregory reported that the April issue would be going out. She is trying to get this out by March 23, 2007. Martine Painchaud wants Anne Gregory to add an article on the Scholarship Program. Anne Gregory will remind the IAAO about getting a page from them.
- Education/Conference: Dan Robinson reported about some format changes on the Education at the Fall Conference. Brief discussion about the curriculum - legislative issues, technical, IAAO workshops/speakers, and forums. He has been given some topics & speakers from IAAO. Anne Gregory reported on the Annual Northern Spring workshop.
- Ethics: Joe Grube - Absent
. Legislative: Bill Healey reported that he thinks its great to get the Legislative link from MMA. Anne Gregory noted members are not using the Maine Property Tax Rent & Relief fund.
- Membership: Martine Painchaud reported there are 234 members to date.
- Scholarship: Martine Painchaud reported no one has submitted a scholarship to date.
- IAAO Affiliate Designation: Bill Healey noted he received a packet from IAAO. He talked with David about this packet. They wanted all demographics about the MAAO. Bill Healey sent him everything he wanted. David called him back to let him know what we can use. He noted it is a $180 a year to be a member of IAAO nationally. He noted that the Maine Chapter of IAAO list the MAAO on their website.[m1] Brief discussion the IAAO. Dan Robinson made a motion to subscribe to the IAAO, seconded by Martine Painchaud, all approved.
- NRAAO Ad: Martine Painchaud noted that she has already been paid for this ad on November 13, 2006. Brief discussion on a relationship with the Chapter of IAAO. The board would like the President to send a letter to the Chapter of IAAO to let them know that are going to accept the offer to be an official affiliate of the IAAO National. Motion made by Dan Robinson to accept the National IAAO offer for MAAO to become an official affiliate member, seconded by Martine Painchaud, all approved. They were approached by IAAO National to become an affiliate.
Other Items of Interest: None
Adjournment: Motion made by Martine Painchaud, seconded by Anne Gregory, all approved to adjourn the meeting at 11:45 a.m.
Click Here to download the Minutes