The Maine Association of Assessing Officers is pleased to offer full or partial scholarships to both the Maine Revenue Service Tax School, traditionally held in the first week of August, and the MAAO Fall Seminar, traditionally held in September. These scholarships are awarded based on need to MAAO members only. Scholarship applications must be received one month prior to the beginning of each program. Final decisions on scholarship awards are made by the MAAO Board of Directors after careful review of all applications received. Watch this space and the Meets and Bounds Newsletter for application deadlines.
MAAO Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Be a current member of MAAO and in good standing.
Demonstrate a need for academic and financial assistance.
Submit the required application form to be received by the Scholarship Education
Committee Chair 60 days prior to the event you plan on using the scholarship for. Applications
will not be accepted if not received by the deadline.
Scholarship recipients are ineligible to apply for another award for three (3) years.
Must apply timely and on appropriate form to be considered for the present year.
Use the scholarship by 12/31 of each year.
Shall write a summary stating length of time in assessing field and the financial assistance for the scholarship.
- Qualifying educational course work is defined as granting a minimum of 16 hours
assessment by which a letter or certificate of completion can demonstrate
examination success and the assignment of full credit. Continuing Education
Units for licensure renewal other than Certified Maine Assessor and Certified
Assessing Technician do not meet the scholarship conditions.
- Successful applicants who subsequently decline the scholarship must reapply for future consideration.
- Applicants must certify that no other tuition or course materials reimbursements
has been awarded, nor will be sought, from any other source (e.g., county, state,
local jurisdiction, or other educational or professional body), unless the
scholarship does not fully cover the entire amount of the course and will receive
- An application must be submitted with an original signature.
- The name of the school or sponsoring organization must be submitted with the scholarship application.
- Applicants are limited to one application per calendar year.
- Only one (1) scholarship to be given to a Municipality every three (3) years.
- The MAAO Board reserves the right to reject or accept courses that are acceptable for the scholarship.
Reimbursement will cover only up to the amount of the scholarship.
IAAO courses, State related courses, and other related subjects pertaining to the assessment field in general including State, MAAO, NRAAO and IAAO conferences are